Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subreports with shared variables - I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardstang

Technical User
Jun 1, 2011
US
Hello,

I'm using CR2008 and I have three Remedy tables I need to join and use some shared variables in the final results.

The tables are as follows:

ParentTicket
ChildTicket
ChildTicketNotes

The database does not allow joins.

What I need in the final output is the ID# of the Parent ticket (along with some other information), the Child ticket ID#, and the User from the ChildTicketNotes table.

Table ChildTicket contains ParentTicket ID# for an easy subreport link.
Table ChildTicketNotes contains ChildTicketID for an easy subreport link.
There are no linkable fields between ParentTicket and ChildTicketNotes.

I’ve tried using the ParentTicket table as my main report with a ChildTicket and ChildTicketNotes as subreports. I’ve linked ParentTicket to the ChildTicket subreport, but I cannot link ChildTicketNotes to anything using this structure. So far I’ve had no luck using this method.

I’ve tried using ChildTicket as the main and then linking both ParentTicket and ChildTicketNotes via the subreport links. No luck this way either.

There are what seems endless ways to build this and if anyone has a suggestion on which direction I need to head, it would be greatly appreciated.

What happens when you lead with the childticket table in the main report and then link to the parent ticket and childticket notes table in two subreports? What do the results look like if you place all in the detail section?

-LB

The database does not allow joins.

What database is that? I was under the impression you could always link two fields of the same type. And find work-rounds if the type was different.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 2008 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back