Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subreports sharing datasources?

Status
Not open for further replies.

themikeaustin

Programmer
Mar 22, 2004
US
I am working on a report that will consist of 3 sub-reports. The data for all 3 sub-reports comes from a single stored procedure. I am opening the stored procedure in the master report. Is there some way to share this datasource among the 3 sub-reports?

TIA,

Mike

Each report must have it's own data source, though you can pass values between them.

Example in the main report:
whileprintingrecords;
shared numbervar MyNum := count({table.value})

Place this in the subreport to duplay it providing the subreport occurs AFTER the formula in the Main report:
whileprintingrecords;
shared numbervar MyNum

Consider demonstrating:

Crystal version
Database/connectivity
Example data
Expected output

before making architectural decisions such as the horrible performance a subreport will provide, especially if it's linked.

-k

Thanks for the information. The report requires 3 different displays of data and all 3 require a detail row. If you or anyone else knows how to do this within a single report, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks again!

Mike

You can open the SP in each subreport and then you can link with the report master for some field with the option link subreport

Lorein....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back