Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subreports repeating

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlhart76

Technical User
Feb 22, 2005
US
Using Crystal XI, pulling data from Access 2003.

I have a report created with 9 subreports inserted into the detail section, each subreport is a single page. Data covers July - Dec 2006. Pages 1-9 are subreports 1-9, then pages 10-18 are repeats of 1-9, as are pages 19-27, 28-36, 37-45, & 46-54 (comes to 6 sets). If I select 3 months' worth of data, I get 3 sets; if I do 12 months', I get 12 sets; etc. What am I doing wrong?

Sounds like you have a row of data per month. Try placing the subreports in separate report footer sections and suppress the detail section.

-LB

Crystal doesn't decide to repeat data, that's how your data is being passed.

Place the LINKed field in a details section and view what is being passed for each row of the details, you'llfind that they are repeating in the database.

A cheat might be to select Database->Select Distinct Records, howevr more likely this is row inflation, so youmight right click EACH details sectionand select Section Expert and in the X2 next to suppress place:

previous({table.mylikedfield}) = {table.mylikedfield}

Substituting {table.mylikedfield} for your field.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back