Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SubReports on same page. How ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealDels

Programmer
Jul 26, 2001
AU
Hi, I've created some reports that each do the same calculation on slightly different sets of data (calculate outages on data, paging networds etc.). The info is the same except for one will have a query that has data = "T" etc. Each report has a only a line or two with
X Network Outages DD:HH:MM:SS

Now I place each of these on a report in order to get
X Network Outages DD:HH:MM:SS
Y Network Outages DD:HH:MM:SS
Z Network Outages DD:HH:MM:SS

The problem I have is that instead of them all appearing on one page, I get 3 pages with a little at the top of each.

How do I get them to not start a new page after each subreport.

PS I don't necessarily think that they are starting a new page, what I actually get when I hit preview is a new tab accross the top with the name of that subreport -ie. like its not actually integrated into the main report but just a link.

Somehow I don't think you have them placed into a Main report.

You have created 3 subreports and can view them in Design and Preview mode indepedantly (that is what you see in the designer with the tabs across the top)

Now go to the main report and insert them into an appropriate section (probably into a page header or footer if there is nothing esle to report).

Create a subsection for each subreport (eg Page Header a,b,c) and put one subreport into each section...this way if they are large they will not overwrite eachother.

Question....WHY are you creating separate subreports anyway??? the description of the subreports leads me to believe that one report is all that is necessary with a group based on the Network ID and the detail line containing the data???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back