Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subreports ok in preview, don't run correctly in VB6

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpdinosaur

Programmer
Aug 13, 2003
US
Folks;

I've got a main report with multiple subreports. The subreports are passed an id as a parameter. When I check the preview (in Crystal) it works fine. When I run it through VB6, the 2nd and 3rd subreports work fine, the 1st and 4th don't find any data.

I've verified the parameters my VB6 program is sending, I've verified that the parameters are being received by the report. I've double checked by record selection formula in the subreports (all 4 are identical). I've even verified that the 4 stored procedures actually retrieve data.

Don't know what else to check. I'm running CR8.5, VB6 and MSSQL2000.

Thanks in advance for your help.

MikeTheDinosaur

Do all 4 subreports receive their parameter values as links from the main report? It sounds like 2 of the subreports expect their own parameter values...

hth,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

I'm still kind of new to Crystal, so I'm not 100% sure of your terminology, but I've verified (by printing the value of the parameter on the subreport) that the value is, in fact, making it to the subreport. Here's the subreports record selection formula:
{spProductUseProfitAnalysis2.LocationID} = {?Pm-spProductUseProfitAnalysis.LocationID}

Got any ideas?

Thanks for the response.

MikeTheDinosaur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back