Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

subreports and Oracle stored procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

benr

Programmer
Aug 23, 1999
CA
Hi All, <br>
<br>
I have a report with 3 subreports. The main report and each subreports get their data from stored procedures to Oracle 8(different stored proc. for each reports). <br>
<br>
Each stored procedures gets parameters (dates...) and run a query against a view. Each stored procedures is running a different view. <br>
<br>
With that in mind, my problem is : When I look at the fields appearing on the report and subreports, I see the same on all. <br>
<br>
Why are the main report and the 3 subreports displaying fields from the same view when each reports have different stored procedure (and different views)? <br>
<br>
Hopefully, I was clear enough. <br>
<br>
TIA,<br>

Wow, that sounds weird. Can you recreate the problem - start a new report, pop in a subreport, point it at the second SP, etc? Have you tried Database¦Verify against all the subreports? Failing that, you might consider avoiding subreports, and creating a temp table in your SP to handle the different views/linking etc. You'll get a lot better performance this way.<br>
You've got my vote for weird Crystal problem of the month. <p>Malcolm Wynden<br><a href=mailto:wynden@island.dot.net>wynden@island.dot.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back