Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

subreports and can grow options

Status
Not open for further replies.

staceyn

Technical User
Nov 19, 2004
US
Hi All,
I am using Crystal reports 2013 and creating a check layout form to be used in SAP business one.
In the report layout, there are 2 subreports for the top and bottom check stub.
If there are more than 10 invoices on a check, crystal is throwing an error that the page size was not large enough to format the contents of an object in the report.
I thought about setting the max lines for can grow in the subreport format options, but the max lines option isn't avaialable.
Any suggestions on how to get the subreport can grow to max out at 10 lines when I cant get to the checkbox for max lines?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Stacey

If by "lines" you mean "invoices" then you could create a running total that counts invoices and suppress the section when the running total is over 10. I think the trickier part is showing 11 through N on the next page, but maybe that isn't part of the requirement.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides to Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, Cross-tabs, VB, Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back