Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subreport with no data doesn't show!, any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amcodah

Programmer
Jul 9, 2003
NO
Hi, I have 8 subreports.. which I drag-and-drop into a main report. It all works fine when there's data in the subreports..

But when I make a report where some of the subreports doesn't contain any data (they'r based on queries) they don't show up.

If I open only the subreport that contains nodata it shows (I can see the textfields etc..) but it's lost when putting into a main report.. howcome??

Any ideas are highly appreciated.
~amcodah()

A subreport that returns no data will not show on your main report. If you want column headings or other "titles" to show on your main report, you may need to add them to your main report.

Duane
MS Access MVP

Ok, but that could be a problem for me.. There must be a workaround? As I can see the coulumn headings and other "titles" when I view the subreport manually. (not via a mainreport)

~amcodah()

I don't doubt that you can see the "titles" when not run as a subreport. I provided a workaround. I suppose you could add a blank record to your subreport's record source but I would rather not add data if not required.

Duane
MS Access MVP

May be u can add 1 group section in your report then try to
put label on it.

or

put in the code on the report_header on format
if isnull(text1) then
label1.visible = true
else
Label.vivible = false
endif

label is the title on the main report(page header or report header).

Hope can help u

Yulius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back