Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subreport will not drill down in VB.Net w/CrystalReportViewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

pticarl

Programmer
Nov 21, 2003
US
Hello everyone,

I have a Crystal Report in a webproject that I am using that has a subreport in the reportheader. The report is defined as a strongly typed report in the VB.Net IDE.

I have no problems drilling down into the subreport when viewing the Crystal Report with Crystal Reports v7 but when I open the webpage that has the report in it I am unable to drill down in the subreport. When I move the cursor over the subreport I do not get the mouse change indicating that I can drill down, nor can I drill down even when I click on the specific item that should be drill down enabled. I am able however to drill down in the details section of my main report (that is hidden to show only summary data in the group footer).

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

No, I've had the same problem and had to include EXACTLY the same subreport again as a hyperlink style (I gave it a caption of "View details") - you can drill down on these, but not the other type.

Thanks Katy44,

I was afraid that it was something like that. I'll keep plugging away at it and if I can get a solution I will post it here.

I have the same issue with Crystal Reports for .NET.

Has anyone found a solution?

helphelphelp!!!

The subreport is able to be drilled down into if it is a link, so as a quick fix I put the same subreport on twice - once showing the actual data, the second underneath as a link saying "View details of the above"

Would something like this not work for you?

Am not sure if I have the same functionality in the version for .NET, as I use the designer included in VS.NET.
Will give a look though, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back