Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subreport to print in columns when another group header present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaggieLeatherman

Programmer
May 9, 2004
US
Hi, I have a report that groups on SRNumber. The SRNumber header section is working fine.. in the SRNumber Footer section I have a subreport that groups on AreaID with a detail section... I need the subreport to print in columns "down and across". It prints correctly on its own but as soon as I place it inside the SRNumber Footer section of my main report, it changes to 1 column...

I really need a way to fix this and would appreciate any help! Maggie

As I suggested in another thread where you posted the same question:
How hard do you want to work at this? This simplest method is to set the size of the subreport to not allow it to grow. You can also create a column in the report's record source that calculates a number that can be used to sort the record across then down but appear to the user as down then across.

The final alternative is to use multiple copies of the same, single column subreport displaying the first half of the records in the left subreport and the last half of the records in the right copy of the subreport.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Thanks for your reply. I'm so bogged down now that I haven't had time to try this.. It seems so complicated and I'm not sure where to start... Thanks, Maggie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back