Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subreport Ruins Formatting of Report Viewed in Crystal ActiveX Viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dede2897234

Programmer
Oct 11, 2001
US
Hello,

I am working on a Crystal 8.5 report that has the following characteristics:

GH1) IT Department Name
GH2a) IT Personnel Name (contains subreport (it performs a count on a field and is displayed on the main report through a shared variable; the subreport inside the main report has the check boxes "Can Grow" and "Keep Object Together" turned off within subreport's "Format Editor"; GH2a is suppressed on the main report when pagenumber > 1)
GH2b) contains a formula for showing the number of open tickets for a specific IT personnel
GH2c) column headers (suppressed when pagenumber > 1)
GH2d) column headers (suppressed when pagenumber > 1)
GH3a) ID number associated with a call ticket (contains report fields)
GH3b) column headers
D) report fields

The report displays perfectly within Crystal Reports 8.5 when previewed. However, when I run the report on our custom reporting website, the report formatting has changed for the worst. The contents of GH2b and GH2c no longer show up on the report when there appears to be only one page of call ID information. In addition, column headers within GH3b and the report fields within the detail section fail to displays farther down the page where a call ID has only one page worth of information. The funny thing about this report is that when I take out the subreport and re-run the report on our custom reporting website, the report's formatting is fine. If anyone knows why the subreport within this report cause unusually formatting problems when viewed through Crystal's ActiveX viewer, please respond. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back