Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subreport Prompts on each row of data returned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glatt

Technical User
Mar 3, 2004
CA
Hi, I'm using Crystal 9 and linking a subreport through PeopleSoft query to my main report. The sub report has a date prompt and I linked the subreport with the employee id.

I have a page break on the employee id grouping.
When I run the report I continually get prompted for the subreport when I click to view another employees set of data. How do I get the subreport data into the report without the need to re-enter the prompt value.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Since you're using the proprietary Peoplesoft query tool , there may be something about that causing this.

you say that you constantly get prompted for the subreport, I assume this means you get prompted by the subreport for the date?

Perhaps you can place the date parameter into the main report instead, and just link by the parameter in the main report as well, thus eliminating the subreport parameter.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back