Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SubReport Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shearbec

Programmer
Jan 7, 2002
US
Ok, I have a pretty complex report to create. Actually they are a type of label - more or less.

I created a form frame with specific information such as Emp ID and I have it configured to have 3 columns and 3 rows of this form. Then I need a subreport to appear in each form that has only 1 row of data in it per employee.

Now this is the freaky thing that is happening. in the subreport it is pulling the correct employee number but the other field is remaining the same for the entire page. Then you go to the next page and it's a new emp id. When I went into see the SQL file, it's forcing a emp id statically.

Has anyone ever seen this limitation??

Yes, seen it a while back.

I vaguely remember changing different Layout properties, types of page breaking, and the grouping. They probably play a major factor in your report, but not sure, give that a scramble and see what happens.

This is something you keep on making changes to until it shows up right.
Good luck,
[hourglass]
CP

How to create a sub-report which displays the related data from the main query, if there are 2 customers in the main query, wants to display their corresponding data in the sub-report. However, on the first record criteria displays, not the second

Solution

This behavior is by design

In "Mastering Impromptu Reports" mstr_imp.pdf, page 90

" When the sub-report query runs, it checks for the first row in the Customer Name column and shows only information for that customer.

If you want a sub-report to show information for another row in the column, place the main report in a form frame that shows only one row at a time.
When you insert the sub-report into the form frame as well, it changes as you click through the rows in the main report. For example, the main and
sub-reports above are both in a form frame that shows only one row of the Customer Name column at a time. Each time you scroll to another customer
name, the sub-report shows only information for that customer."

Description:

A report contains five sub-reports. How can I print the first two sub-reports on one page, and the next three on a second page?

Solution:

1. Modify the width of the report to be 2 pages wide.
2. Create two regular sub-reports.
3. Create the other three sub-reports so that each contains a blank column that is the width of the first page. This will force the other columns on the second page.
4. Format the columns separately so that no lines appear on the first column (first page).
5. Make sure that the sub-reports on the first page are on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back