Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

subreport path issue w/ mapped drives (CR 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWkndr

Programmer
May 1, 2002
US
We have an odd setup with 6 citrix servers running a HEAT-based application. We have a copy of each report on each server instead of a mapped drive to one central location - we used to do that but found that HEAT doesn't release the file locks until you log out of the app and people we're having issues where the reports wouldn't run. Anyway, i use the old file server as my 'base' and on my development environment have a letter mapped to the same folder on each citrix machine. The file server and each citrix machine have identical file structures and all of the same files in them - subreports and all. When I build/mod a report I save it on the file server then copy it to each machine via explorer when we are ready to release it.
We are working on an upgrade and I changed a report which is a subreport - added some of the new fields - and only saved it to my file server. When no one could run the live reports anymore, we disovered that somehow the live reports were grabbing the updated supreport even though there is no obvious path from the citrix machines back tot he file server. Crystal must save the UNC path of subreport when you insert it and it uses that - is there a way to override this so it only uses the local copies?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TheWkndr
Braccae tuae aperiuntur...

We do have 'reimport subreport when opening' turned on - but again I would have thought that it should be using the local copy for this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TheWkndr
Braccae tuae aperiuntur...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back