Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subreport parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewarr

Technical User
Nov 25, 2008
US
I'm a newbie to Subreports...I've avoided them up until now...primarily because I don't understand how to get Subreports to use certain parameters from main report in group header.

My main report groups by item number and I need subreport to use item number as parameter to pull sales.

My Subreport will be sitting in the Group Header of main report as I group by ITEM.

Main report field name = F4111.ITEM
Subreport field name = F56SLSJN.ITEM

In Subreport selection criteria, I'm using:

F56SLSJN.ITEM = Pm-F4111.ITEM
and I have created a new parameter
but Subreport cannot find F4111.ITEM.

Do I need both tables linked in Subreport? Currently I only have F56SLSJN table in Subreport and not F4111.

No, you don't need the main report table in the subreport. If you linked the item in the main report to the item in the subreport and this gave you the above subreport selection formula, then you have done everything correctly. I would guess that the item fields are formatted differently. Are they both numbers? Or strings? Check how they display to ensure that there are, in fact, matches.

-LB

Thanks. I discovered that the link to main report table was never in place...somehow I missed it when using the subreport wizard. Works fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back