Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subreport not lined up properly when exported to Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

krpurcel

IS-IT--Management
Dec 1, 2003
US
Hi. I am using CR Developer, Version 14.0.0.364RTM. I buiilt a simple report, Report1 . Then I created another copy of it that pulls from a different source, Report2. I put Report2 in the report footer of Report1 as a subreport. The subreport touches the left margin. When I run the report in Crsytal, everything lines up perfectly. The data from Report2 is directly underneath the matching data from Report1.

When I export to Excel, it blows up. The main report data appears in columns A - M. However the subreport data, Report2, shows up starting in column N and then populates to the right. I have tried changing the "Column width based on objects in the" setting in the Excel format options without success. I have tried setting the Excel format options to "Constant column width (in points)", also without success.

I don't understand why this is happening or how to fix it. Would someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Kevin

Ken,

Thank you very much for your reply. I have learned much from your posts. You are Da Man and I appreciate you replying!

I read the link you sent. I am exporting as Excel (97-2003), not as Excel (97-2003)Data-only. The subreport is a mirror of the main report. The only difference is the data source. The sub is lined up directly under the main report. However, where the main report exports to columns A-M, the subreport data starts at column N.

Very strange. Since my original post I have gone back and written a new query to do this report in one shot. Probably a better solution anyway. But I would still like to know why the subreport exports like that.

Thanks for all you do for the Crystal community!

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back