Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subreport Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

anjanaj

Programmer
Jan 10, 2002
IN
Hi!

I made a Crystal Report in Version 8.5
In the report I added a subreport by the name 'SUBREPORT1'.
Then, by right clicking on the subreport I saved the subreport as 'TESTSUBREPORT1.rpt'.
Made some changes to 'TESTSUBREPORT1.rpt' by opening it separately.
Now, when I delete the subreport 'SUBREPORT1' from the main report, and add the saved subreport 'TESTSUBREPORT1.rpt' to it, it still shows me the subreport name as 'SUBREPORT1' though with changes I made to 'TESTSUBREPORT1.rpt'.
Why is is not showing me the name 'TESTSUBREPORT1.rpt' ?
Is there any way I can do it ?

Please help.
Thanx
Anjana

try re-importing the subreport links and see if that helps. Right click on the subreport object and select re-import subreport links.

Let me know if that works. Software Support for Sage Mas90, Macola, Crystal Reports, Goldmine and MS Office

Once a report has been inserted as a subreport, it's subreport name cannot be cannot be changed. You should take the original report and save it under another name and insert that. See thread149-89435 for more information about this behavior. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back