Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subreport Logon failure in RAS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisMan2

Technical User
Feb 7, 2002
US
Hi,
I have a container report with a subreport. If I deploy my report without the sub everything works fine, but when I add the sub, I get a logon failure (SQL SERVER 2000 OLEDB). I fixed the problem in a staged environment by using integrated security with my OLEDB connection but I can't use integrated security in my live environment. Is there a optional argument that I can pass to crystal to tell it to use the same logon credentials for subs or do I have to logon to subs one at a time inside the code?

Thanks,
Chris

It sounds like you have two separate datasources that logon differently.

What version of Crystal are you using? For 9, use the database expert to set the location by highlighting both databases and click the update button.

For 8.5, choose database, set location to update them both to the same datasource.

Haven't programmed with RAS yet, but with the RDC, you have to log in to each secure data source (main report and subreports), even if they're using the same source.

-dave

connection method, database, UID, pwd are identical, the subs just point to different SPs. I thought perhaps I forgot to switch all the data sources over to the production server but I had.

Thanks Dave,
This is my first RAS project....
I'm going to try what you suggested.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back