Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subreport Links

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHawkins

Programmer
Sep 24, 2002
GB
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this issue before I officially go mad :S

I've a main report using 2 parameters, the first is a date range allowing range values, the second a discrete number. The main report works perfectly . . . .

I then needed to add some subreports passing in these parameters. The first two sub reports work perfectly; If ran individually, they ask for a date range and discrete ID having used the subreport links to pass these in from the main report.

The part that's driving me potty is when I add a 3rd!!! It asks for a discrete date and not a range, I've no idea why?! It's passed the same parameters from the main report?!

If fault find this further, I've set the 3rd problem report up as a stand alone report which work with the date ranges perfectly. Then, when I add it as a subreport to the main report adjusting the links as required, again it shifts from asking for a range to a discrete?!!?!?

I hope I've explained this clearly - and I hope someone can help save my greys!

Dave.

Is this a crystal reports or enterprise problem?

ie when you run it in Crystal its OK and when you publish to CE it fails. Or is it failing at Report level.

If its a report failure you might be better off posting in Business Objects:Crystal Reports4 Other Topics as you may have a wider audience.

Ian

Thanks for the reply Ian,

It fails within the report designer and it CR2008 SP2 I'm using . . . I did think about posting in another forum but couldn't see a section for the more recent versions of the software?!

I assumed Crystal Reports 4 would relate to that variant of the product?

Dave.

No its just that Crystal Reports is a popular forum so they subdivided into 4 different sub sections.

Cr4 would be about 100 years old, I started with CR7 back in 1998.

Ian

Can see no reason for the performance you are seeing.

Are you linking the actual paramters?

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back