Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subreport Linking Limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NRobertson

Technical User
May 12, 2005
AU
I'm using CR 9 and this report I'm trying to make is... large. I've got 36 subreports all using parameter links from the main report.
When running the report in CR all the parameter links work fine but when I save it into enterprise and run it from there only the first 60 or so parameter links are working and the rest are showing up as parameters I need to put values in.

I have 3 parameters, 1 is used by all subreports the others aren't. Averages to 2 per subreport.

My question is ... Is there a limit to how many subreport links a report can have?
And, does anyone out there have any helpful tips to get me around this problem?

To my knowledge there are no limits to the number of sub-reports, but remember these two important rules....

1.) A sub-report can't contain another sub-report.

2.) Enterprise prompts for all parameters in a report and it's sub-reports, including "unused" ones.

In CR, comb through all the parameters in the reports and sub-reports and if there isn't a little green check-mark showing that it's an "active parameter"...REMOVE IT.

Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back