Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subreport link based on groups of years

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahmartin

Technical User
Jul 17, 2007
US
Hi,

I'm trying to create a report in Crystal Reports Professional 8.5 that groups data by year and then the subreport pulls back the data for that year and the next year. More specifically, my 2006 group must pull back a subreport that contains 2006 and 2007 data, my 2007 group must pull back a subreport that contains 2007 and 2008 data, and so on. I can't quite figure out the formulas I need to create in order to link up the main report with the subreport. I know there must be a way to do this but I'm blanking! Many thanks in advance. . .

What is your group field? Are you grouping on a date field on change of year? Or do you have a formula that converts a date field to a number field (year)? Or do you have a number field called year?

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back