Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SubReport - execute when exporting to Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyerone

Programmer
Mar 18, 2002
US
I have a report that has 8 subreports in the detail line ( I know this is not good). When I export the report that ran for end-of-month it blows up with 'out of memory' error. When the report is exported to Excel it looks like all the subreports execute again. I thought if I uncheck 'Re-import when opening' this would stop that, but on half of the subreport this option is check and grayed out, I can not uncheck it.

ReImport has nothing to do with the reports running. This means that the subreport should look for changes to the original RPT that was inserted. Nothing to do with the data.

What is probably happening is that you are running the subreports for only the first page of the main report. CR doesn't run the rest until you ask for the next page. When you go to export it has to run the rest of the pages and blows up.
As a test, preview and then click on the 'last page' VCR button. I would expect it to choke before it gets to the last page. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back