Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subreport events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunluva

Programmer
Jan 30, 2003
ZA
I a medical related database Ive developed I have created reports in which the report format ie certain graphics, charts etc change according to client requirements regarding the data being displayed. The code for this i placed in the form's page event. This all works perfectly when the report is opened by its self (as the main form).

However when the same report is inserted as a subreport into another much larger report the data is displayed correctly but the sub report formats are all wrong. A quick check reveals that the activate and page events on a subreport are not called ie the formatting code is not called. The open event on the subreport is called but i cant use it as its to early to get hold of the data to be displayed.

How do i work around this to get the subreport to call its formatting code when the report is opened?.

make sure that the events are not declaered as privet
and call then from the main report detail format event
me.subreportcontrol.Report.event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back