Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subreport directory location

Status
Not open for further replies.

dellguy

Programmer
Aug 14, 2001
CA
Crystal Reports XI

I created a subreport that will be the common header for several reports. This subreport contains Date/Time, a logo and a field from a parameter containing the report name.

Then from the main report, I insert the subreport and make it "Re-import when opening".

All that works great.

My question/issue is... if I am developing in test and locate the report and subreport in the same directory called Reports on server TEST, the directory location gets set in the main report. When I move the main & subreport to directory called Reports on server PROD, the directory location on Server TEST remains in the main report. Needless to say, it needs to point to Reports on server PROD.

Anyone aware of a way to get around this without deleting the subreport and reinserting after promoting it to Server PROD?

I do not completely understand what is going on. But normally a sub-report becomes part of the main report. You could always re-import the sub-report. I am not sure if this helps.

kray4660 - have you used the "Re-import when opening" feature of a subreport before?

I do not want to have to manually re-import 100+ reports anytime I make a change to the common subreport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back