Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subreport column headings not displayed on each page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 27, 2003
US
Hi

I am using CE 9 and Sybase 12.x. I have a Main report that includes 4 Subreports. The first Subreport contains 100+ pages. The column heading shows up on the first page only. The remaining pages display data but no column headings.

I have inserted the subreport in the details section. I tried inserting the subreport in the page header section but I get an error saying page not large enough.

For example I need the Main report to show the column headings on each page

Report Title 1 of 10

Price Shares
50.00 1000

Report TItle 2 0f 10

Price Shares
100.00 7500

Currently I am getting

Report Title 1 of 10

Price Shares

50.00 1000

Report Title 2 0f 10

100.00 7500

Thanks in advance!
junction123

pgtek

Thanks s bunch for your reply.

I did follow the instructions in the link that you pointed out. However, I still do not see the column headings in the other pages barring the first page.

I can't seem to find out what I am doing incorrectly.

Please help!

Thanks in advance!
junction123

Have you checked Keep Group Together?

Madawc Williams (East Anglia)

pgtek and Madawc

Here's exactly what I did. I also checked "Keep Group together"

1. In the subreport, to create a formula:

@FakePageHeader

WhileReadingRecords;
" "

2. Go to Insert | Group, and select the @FakePageHeader formula.

3. Select the "Repeat Group Header on Each New Page" option, and click OK.

This inserts a new group at the lowest, or innermost, grouping level. You will need to move this group to the highest, or outermost, grouping level.

4. Go to Report | Group Expert, and use the up arrow to move this newest group up to the top of the list.

5. Move all the headers that you would like repeated into this Header for the @FakePageHeader group.

I still cannot see the column headings(that belong to the sub report) in teh Main report on all but the first page.

Is there anything in addition that I need to do?

Thanks in advance!
junction123

Hi
do this in your sub report
cheers

pgtek

pgtek

I am doing this in the sub report. The sub report has about 10 column headings. I am selecting all the columns that need to show up on each page in the Main Report. I am using the Group Expert from the Report menu option and there are 10 different groups. For example:

Group1.@FakePageHeader
Group2.APM
Group3.Account
Group4.Account Name and so on.

Thanks in advance!
junction123

If you have the fake Group Header on the report, right click the group, select Change Group, and on the options tab select Repeat Group Headers on Each Page.

-k

Another Way to do this is to ensure that "Repeat Group Header Function" is turned on. To do this .. right click the section.. Change Group .. and under the options tab .. make sure the "Repeat Group header on each page" function is ticked.

This should relieve a lot of headaches. It sure saved me some hair. :p

-Sart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back