Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subreport boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kken

Programmer
Jun 5, 2001
CA
I have created a report which contains subreports. The subreport is taking the max entry.(the highest) Only one record, but I get a box around it which is big enough for all the records of the query(duplicates are surpressed).
Example!
Database Field Database Field Subreport Field

Notice the big gap between the 2nd and third line. This is due to the subrepord. It also has a border around it. Does anyone know how to fix this prob?

Thank You

for the box around the subreport, while in design view of the main report right click on the subreport and select "format subreport" then select the border tab and set all four borders to "none"

Thank you that does get rid of the borders. However it still varies in length and duplicates are supressed. Is there anyway i CAN control the size since there will only be one record returned.

Thank you

Try doing this, let me know if it works
If you have a field that varies in the amount of space it takes up and you want it to fit in the smallest amount of space as possible, go to this field, right-click and go to format field. Check Keep object together and Can Grow and (Suppress if duplicated)

Thanks for the advice but it did not work although only one record returned the size remains unchanged(still the size of the amount of records before it takes the maximum

Thanks

Since you are only returning one record, put the output fields in the report footer section of the subreport and hide/supress the detail sections.

Then adjust the height of the footer section to provide only the space you need and finally, make the same adjustment to the sub-report object on the main report.

DjangMan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back