Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subreport 1 printing over subreport 2 with Long Text

Status
Not open for further replies.

skystar70

Technical User
Nov 3, 2006
US
Hello. I am on CR 9. I have a report which contains 8 subreports, all in the details section, printing one after another.

All 8 subreports contain various long text fields from the database I am working with.

On one record, the subreport data that is displaying has more data than in the other records and it is printing over the subreports below it. I can change the subreport to move to back, but then I can't see all of the data.

I have checked 'can grow' for the all of the subreports.

I don't understand why the subreports beneath do not move to show AFTER all of the data on this subreport.

Any ideas regarding what I can do.

Thanks!
Skystar70

Place the longer subreport in a detail_a section and format it to underlay following sections. Then have your other subs in detail_b.

-LB

Or just put each of the subreports in its own detail section. That way they'll grow as needed without overwriting anything below them.

If you don't want them overlapping, don't set "Underlay Following".

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

lbass and hilfy,

This was VERY helpful and solved my issues. Thanks a ton!

skystar70

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back