Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subnet to subnet protocol profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

polinsky

IS-IT--Management
Oct 25, 2004
CA
I want to create our network protocol profiles on a subnet to subnet basis with Sniffer Distributed 4.30. From the Expert screen I pick the desired subnet-subnet pair and then click the Protocol Distribution icon, I am not sure what I got is for the selected subnet-subnet pipe or the entire thing the sniffer got. Any help on this issue will be appreciated.

You will get the graph of all data, not just the subnet pair. Reason: expert and monitor (incl protocol dist.) are working separately.

If you want to see the protocol distribution of just the subnet pair you will have to create a Capture Filter (Capture - Define Filter) and create a profile with the subnet pairs as a pattern match filter. Then apply the filter for all Monitor applications (Monitor - Select Filter - Apply Monitor Filter - <choose created profile>).

Out from the Expert Window, you cannot filter on subnets.

Regards
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back