Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

submit to search engines

Status
Not open for further replies.

video32a

IS-IT--Management
Apr 24, 2000
US
any one know the cheapest and fastest way to submit to a bunch of search engines, I did 20 submits through @submit.com and have not seen anything after 2 days. also how long do the results take.<br>thanks in advance for any ones help.<br>c. hoole<br><A HREF="mailto:video32a@earthlink.net">video32a@earthlink.net</A><br>

You won't see anything for at least two weeks.&nbsp;&nbsp;This is pretty standard.&nbsp;&nbsp;The cheapest way, though definitely not faster, is to go to the various search places and submit it manually.&nbsp;&nbsp;If you go to <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> you can get a listing of pretty much all the search engines and submit manually.&nbsp;&nbsp;Also, depending on your web site, you may be able to request that another web site link to yours.&nbsp;&nbsp;I run a web site for an actor, so I went to actor listings and did this.&nbsp;&nbsp;You should also visit Yahoo and see if you can get listed there as well.<br><br>To increase your placement in the search engines, you should make sure your keyword appears 5-6 times in the first page (this does not mean that you type in the keyword six times in the keyword listing or put it on your page in the same color in your background--both those will keep you from getting listed).&nbsp;&nbsp;It should be in the context of your page.<br><br> <p>Linda Adams<br><a href=mailto:Garridon@aol.com>Garridon@aol.com</a><br><a href= Adams Online</a><br>I'm a professional writer, published internationally.

I found a great product in Pre Promote. Found at <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> It is entirely intuitive, so easy to <br>teach you at the same time you are learnng Meta tags, for<br>your description and key words. Also to make use of your title. You just click and copy and paste into your HTML in the background between the two words HEAD. The least expensive and best around is Interlyns &quot;Signposter&quot; It<br>explains it's use of signposts and submits to the 100 best<br>search engines. You will need something like this because<br>you need to resubmit on a fairly steady basis. The best<br>reasoning for this is found at <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> you will find a plethora of info. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back