Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Submit to Parent from the child

Status
Not open for further replies.

madura12

Programmer
Dec 15, 2000
US
hi all,

A parent window has openned a child window using "window.open()".
can i submit/reload the Parent window from the child window.
The important point here i do not want to call any parent's function from the child (like opner.parentReload(), if parentReload() is defined in parent - i don't wnat this).

Because the parent and child are in differnt domain say one is in "Yahoo.com" and other window is in "hotmail.com", so i am not able to access "opener" property

if any one have done it b4 let me know, that would be great help to me

I understand that you are openning a new page into somethig that you called parent window, If it is in this way you can come back using window.location(URL) and using the name of the parent you reload it

fine, but when i use window.location the page will get loaded in the child window not in the parent

Are you sure you can't use opener? I would have thought, being a window type property it would be independant of the url loaded? Since the new window was opened from the old window, not document, object?

-Ben "Alright whatever man, I'll hook up the hair, but I aint touchin the ring though...Cause I'm still a pla--yer"

Oh, I just read your other post, I see your dilemma! "Alright whatever man, I'll hook up the hair, but I aint touchin the ring though...Cause I'm still a pla--yer"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back