Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Submit multiple forms with one button

Status
Not open for further replies.

garym238

Programmer
Feb 6, 2008
US
I have a form that has a cfform in it. The cfform has a cfloop in it that includes an id and a dropdown list box that includes a new id. I want to transfer one id to another. I would like the user to be able to click on one button that would update all the rows in the table with the new id.

If there are 3 rows in the query, the user would select an entry in a dropdown for each row and upon clicking on the submit button all three rows would be updated with the id selected from the dropdown.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help!

Gary

Kind of lost me with the description. However, if you want to submit multiple forms with one button, an easy way would be to create hidden fields in one of the forms. When the user clicks the submit button run javascript to copy data from other forms to the hidden fields, then proceed with submit action.

Are you trying to update the other dropdowns based on the selected input from the first dropdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back