Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Submit button 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dleggett

Technical User
Feb 28, 2007
US
We are revamping our site and I am thinking of adding a contact page, using DreamWeaver CS3. I thought this was going to be pretty simple, but now I am at a stumbling block and at the point of no return....I can delete the contact us page, but would like to keep it. Can someone help me out with creating a submit button that mails information about which services in a check list that someone could fill out their name, email address, and a brief description about what they are looking for? I have the list, its just the other things that I need like when they hit they submit button, it goes to whomever I designate that box to? Right now when I hit the submit button it goes directly to email client with just my email address at the top and no information is ever sent. Thanks in advance.

You could add a simple form that would do the trick, but It still sends from their email client. if its outlook they have to allow the mail to go out.
Code:
<form action="mailto:addressHere.com?subject=EmailRequestFromWebsite&cc=AnotherAddressHere.com" method="post" name="form1" enctype="text/plain">
<strong>Please fill out the form below to receive a call back</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2" align="center">
All the fields marked with a <font color="#FF0000">*</font> are required!</td></tr><tr>
				<td align="right"><font color="#FF0000">*</font> Contact Name : </td><td><input type="text" size="30" name="MyName" /></td>
			</tr>
			<tr> 
			<td align="right"><font color="#FF0000">*</font> Phone Number : </td><td><input type="text" size="30" name="Myphone"/></td></tr><tr>
			<td align="right"><font color="#FF0000">*</font> E-mail Address : </td><td><input type="text" size="30" name="MyemailAddress"/></td></tr><tr>
			<td align="right">Job Reference : </td>
			<td><input type="text" size="30"/></td></tr><tr>
			<td align="right">Best Time to Call : </td><td><select name="BestTimeToCallBack">
			  <option>Please select one of the following</option>
			<option>morning</option>
			<option>afternoon</option>
			<option>evening</option>
			</select></tr><tr>
			</td>
			<tr>
			<td colspan="2" align="center"><font color="#FF0000">*</font> Message</td></tr>
			<tr><td colspan="2" align="center"><textarea name="message" cols="40" rows=10 name="message" ></textarea></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" align="center"><br>
			<input type="submit" onSubmit="return checkData()" value="Send Request" />&nbsp;<input type="reset" />&nbsp;
			<input type="button" value="Close Window" onClick="window.close()">
			</form>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back