Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

submit button in forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcsp2000

Programmer
Mar 21, 2003
CO
I created a form in Director for a multimedia CD. I want to send it to an email, but I cant configure the submit button. HOw do I do it if, for example, the receiver mail should be example@site.com

Well, as you've created a form, you'll probably have to send it to some cgi. Here's how I did it in a similar project:

vNachname = member("fld.form.name").text
vVorname = member("fld.form.vorname").text
vAdresse = member("fld.form.adresse").text
vOrt = member("fld.form.ort").text
vTelefon = member("fld.form.tel").text
vEmail = member("fld.form.email").text
vMitteilung = member("fld.form.text").text
infoList = ["Name":vNachname,"Vorname":vVorname,"Strasse":vAdresse,"Ort":vOrt,"Telefonnummer":vTelefon,"Email-Adresse":vEmail,"Text":vMitteilung]
netID = postNetText("
Hope this helps.
Adrian
(travel website)

Thanx eladi.
But I am not good with CGI's so I don't know what should I upload in the server, besides (I guess) your solution opens the web browser, and I don't want that.

Hei jcsp2000,
Well, you'll have few other options. Depending on the cgi-script you have, there's not necessairily a new brower window to be opened - that's optional, wether you direct it or not. Usually the user wants to know, that his email/contact got through anyway.
As for CGIs, there are lots around.
I started with copying them too before I learned some ASP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back