Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Submit Button Events

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsF23

Technical User
Sep 24, 2008
Hi,

I am working on a basic form. The forms action is to mailto: my email address. I have three spry text fields. I have attached validation code to each- they are all required fields and one is an e-mail address requiring the correct e-mail format. (validate on blur)

Question 1.
I have also attached a submit button. I have attached validate form code to it because it will send if the fields are blank? (I thought that if I used spry fields to validate it would not send the form if it was blank?)- HELP

Question 2.
When I click the submit button, I get a predefined popup that says "The form is being submitted using e-mail. Submitting this form will reveal your e-mail address to the recipient, and will send the form without encrypting it for privacy. You may continue or cancel this submission. OK CANCEL"

I would like another popup window to appear AFTER this window that says something like "Thank you. Your message has been sent." If I add this to the onclick event it occurs before the predefined message. HELP.

Question 3.
Can I change the predefined message? I require an equivilent French page and need the message to appear in French for that page?

Are there any other options like perhaps not defining the button as submit but programming it to behave like a submit button? HOW?

Thank You!

Jean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back