Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Submit and Reset Buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJBen

Technical User
Dec 1, 2001
GB
Hi all,

How can I make my submit button email me? There doesn't seem to be an option.

Thanks

you need to add it in the form tag, in the action eg :

<form action=&quot;mailto:me@mysite.com&quot; method=&quot;post&quot;>
</form>

not the submit button. Regards

Big Bad Dave

davidbyng@hotmail.com

Thanks mate.

Will that automatically launch an email program?
If it does, isn't there a way it can send the data to my email without launching, for eg, Outlook Express?

Yep, thanks for that.

I've just tried it and it works. Only thing is that it launches an E-mail program. How can I make the Submit button send the details of the form to my E-mail (or by other means) without launching an E-mail program?

Cheers

When I do this to make it E-mail to me and I check the HTML it says &quot;mailto:me@mysite.com&quot; twice. Is this supposed to happen or should I delete one of these mailto's.

Here this is what the HTML looks like. Am i doing something wrong?
method=&quot;post&quot; action=&quot;&quot;mailto:me@mysite.com&quot; &quot;mailto:me@mysite.com&quot; &quot;&quot;>
Thanks for your help.

maybe i should have refreshed the page before i posted the message which is basically the same as your question. I beleive that the mailto option still opens outlook express... I am in the same ditch as you KJBen...

Could somebody plaese help me.

I've talked to somebody and I think the E-mail thing is out of the question. Can anyone confirm this?

Is there a way in dreamweaver to send the information that was in the form to another page on my website? Is it possible?

Feedback would be great, thanks

KJBen, You need PERL/CGI top do what you want it to do...but for that you need permission from you're webhost...

Everythingmanual, why do you have teo &quot;mailto:&quot;?? Are you trying to send to it two different email address?? I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back