Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subforrm - Removing Highlighted Record OnOpen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorrells

Programmer
Dec 28, 2000
US
Greetings,

This is a problem that has been plaguing me for months. Tonight I thought I had it. It worked in AccessXP fine until I compacted the database, then the same old problem.

I have a main form with a subform set to Continuous Forms. It is populated by a query but is not related to the main form.

When the main form is opened, the record selected in the subform is highlighted. I want it not to be highlighted but have the cursor blinking on the left side of the text.

From the google newsgroups I found some code that worked at first, but as noted above, could not withstand the compaction/repair. I got no errors, it just stopped working!

Here is the code at the end of the OnOpen event of the form. I also tried it in the OnCurrent and in both but to no avail.

Forms![frmEnter_Tasks]![subfrmEnter_Tasks].SetFocus
Forms![frmEnter_Tasks]![subfrmEnter_Tasks]![txtTaskName].SetFocus

SendKeys "{F2}"
SendKeys "{HOME}"

I am simply blown away that this could work for a while and then abjectly, totally fail. Any advice will be most appreciated. :confused:

Regards, Sorrells

Replace the SendKeys statements with this:

Code:
Forms![frmEnter_Tasks]![subfrmEnter_Tasks]![txtTaskName].SelLength = 0

FWIW, you could use the shorthand method of referring to the current form, i.e. Me instead of Forms![frmEnter_Tasks]

HTH...

Ken S.

Ken,

Thanks for your reply. The command worked fine! I did not realise that these properties were available. Another small step forward for this old man!

Regards, Sorrells

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back