Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subforms not saving data

Status
Not open for further replies.

billcam

Technical User
Jun 7, 2001
US
I have an employee training database set up with one main form for employee name, number, etc. I have subforms in it that contain training and pay raise info. It worked fine for a while, then all of a sudden the data entered in two of the subforms would disappear when the form was closed or another record was accessed. It would accept changes to some records already there but not new ones. I had two of the subforms embedded within another subform. I took them out and put them back on the main form instead of the subform they were in and it started working again(for now). My question is, is it okay to have a subform within a subform or is this what caused my problem? I am still holding my breath since it worked okay originally, then died.

It is fine. Sounds to me like your subform container properties for link child fields/link master fields, in other words your relationship between the master and child records, is not correct.

Steve King Growth follows a healthy professional curiosity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back