Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subforms - I would like them transparent

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvweb1

IS-IT--Management
Aug 28, 2001
US
Hi all,

I have a main form with a pic as the background, and 2 subforms linked into the main. I would like to have the sub's be transparent w/data visible So i can see the pic in the background.

I tried no pic already but I am very new access.

Thnx for any help

LvWeb

The only way that I have been able to achieve this is to import the picture into the subform as well. It can be a real pain getting the edges to line up though, and I'll warn ya, if your users are on different resolutions then you'll never get the pictures lined up perfectly for everyone.

I usually will crop the picture and insert the top half into the main form and the bottom half into the sub-form. (Assuming my sub-form shows in the bottom half of the main form)

Usually, this isn't worth the hassle. Mostly, I will design the sub-form to look like it's floating on top of the picture. But, if you really want the photo, then try cropping. Maq B-)
<insert witty signature here>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back