Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

subforms and upsizing from access to sql client/server

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk1hotpepr

Technical User
Jul 11, 2003
US
After I have upsized my access database to client/server, my only three of my subforms are now visible. In access, I created a main form with six subform tabs that work fine there but not with the upgrades. What can I look for to fix this problem, and is there a subform limit with sql? learning as I go so any help would be appreciated.

I don't know if this is the best forum for this question, but it creates an adp so i took a shot!
[ponder]

When i upsized to SQL/ADP, it was necessary for me to fix my subforms as well. On the Data tab of the property sheet for each of your subforms, assure that the Child and Master fields are specified in addition to the Source Object.

Steve
---------------------------------------
IF WebApplicationProgrammer = True Then
ElectronicSheepHerder = True
End If

When you say some of the subforms are not visible, do you mean that they are blank i.e. the subform space is still on the main form but no rows are visible?

If so, this usually means that the underlying recordsource for the subform is not one that SQL can interpret. You may have to rebuild your datasource (query/view or just in the form recordsource) to get the equivalent SQL syntax.

Thanks both of you, I did have to rebuild the datasource in order for the conversion to work. Then everything moved over fine (at least so far as I can tell!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back