Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subforms - allowing users to enter multiple lines when unbound

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictoriaWass

Programmer
Jul 14, 2001
GB
I have a subform on my form which is there to serve the purpose of a datagrid.
It isn't bound to any view/table etc. The subform is simply a row, in the detail section, of unbound text boxes. I just want it there for the user to enter order information in those text boxes, for as many rows as they need.
At the moment, only one row can be entered. I can't work out how to get a * there on the line below which then inserts another blank row of text boxes underneath the one being keyed, so the grid grows to whatever size the user needs.
I hope this makes sense!

Vicky

I have not approached this proccess from this perspective, so cannot really help in the direct sense. My approach for the situation has been to use a bound subform with the 'grid' display for the entered records, and the set/series of unbound testboxes on the Main form - immediatly above the subform for dataentry. In general, I set these up so that the after update of each unbound textbox is a validation of that textbox. If the validation suceeds, a 'FieldValid' flag is set and a RecValid procedure is called, otherwise, a message box is generated with the explinationand focus is set back to the same textbos. If the RecValid procedure finds any "FieldValid" flag is fales, it simply sets focus to that field and exits. If ALL of hte 'FieldValid' Flags atr true, the record is appended, all "FieldValid" flags are cleared (set False) , the overall Form is refreshed (requeried?) and focus set to the first textbox in the group.

MichaelRed
mred@att.net

There is never time to do it right but there is always time to do it over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back