Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subform won't update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrofani

Technical User
Mar 2, 2005
US
Again, I am REALLY new at this.

I have a form "holdings" with a subform "results" list box that points to a query. Above the subform I created a combo box with a drop down choosing from a list of ticker symbols. When I change the ticker, I would like the subform to update automatically. To try to get around this, I added a button/macro that updates the query and closes it. But the subform does not update unless I close and reopen the "holdings" form.

I search through this forum and saw many of these types of questions and many responses have been docmd.requery but I am unfamiliar with coding. I figured there had to be an option in Properties of the subform (i.e. OnCurrent) that would solve this.

Thanks for the help.

What tools are you using, MS Access? Search for a form, at the top of this page, specific to your database and tools.

BTW, welcome to Tek-Tips. When you have time take a look at faq222-2244 on how to get the most from the forums.

zemp

Let the Access wizard do the coding for you. Make sure the wizards are enabled (toggle button, bottom left corner, second button from the left -- magic want icon). Add a command button, and then choose "Form operations" as the category and "Refresh from data" as the action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back