Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subform with AutoLookup Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Technical User
Aug 20, 2002
US
I have two tables - tblinventory and tblpartslist. I would like to create a form from tblinventory, with tblpartslist as a subform, so that I can enter a list of products for each inventory record. I would like to be able to enter a product number into the tblpartslist subform, and have it automatically enter the rest of the data from the tblpartslist record.

I am under the impression that I can do this with an AutoLookup query, but I'm getting confused. When I tried it, I ended up with 2 records in tblinventory for what should be 1 record - all of the info that was entered from tblpartslist gets put into a new record in tblinventory. How do I get it to put the tblpartslist info into the corresponding fields in tblinventory?

Also, why is it that in my relationships window, there's no little "1" or infinity symbol to indicate that it's a one-to-many relationship? Just thought that was kind of weird.

I have no VB experience.

Please help me! My future employment depends on it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back