Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subform Input To Query Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReportMan

Programmer
Aug 13, 2001
US
I am having a problem getting my Query to use the SubForm value as search criteria.

I have:
Access version 2003
Mainform - Location Master Browse - Location Number
Subform - Location Account Browse SubForm - LocMast - Location Number
Query - Bank Master Browse Query - LocMast - Location Number
Results Form - Bank Master Browse Subform2 - LocMast - Loc Num

The Query is input for the Results Form. My criteria for the query is

[Forms]![Location Master Browse - Location Number]![Location Account Browse Subform - LocMast - Location Number].[Form]![ABA Routing Number]

When the Results Form is called the criteria is displayed waiting for a typed input. If I type in a valid answer the Results Form is displayed.

I have looked at this code until my eyes are crossed. Can someone see and explain what I am doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Seems that the control that contains the subform has another name than the subform.
A common way to discover the proper syntax is to follow the expression builder (loaded forms).
Have a look here too:

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

I used the build function in the query to generate the criteria statement but I get the same result...

Obviously the form containing the subform is open and populated when the query is launched ...

When the Results Form is called with the Query as the Data Source, Access puts up a Enter Parameter Value message box with the criteria statement shown.

Is "Location Master Browse - Location Number" open and populated when the Results Form is called with the Query as the Data Source ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Yes, that is the main form which the subform is attached to...

I went thru and did a saveas on every form, query and macro. Then I rebuilt the forms, queries and macros with the new names. To my utter suprise it now works. I still don't know what the problem was but it seems like it must be mis-spelling of something like that. I appreciate you help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back