Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subform causing mulitple pages in report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have a report where I want to list a number of items. I created a query and form where all the items in the table are listed. In my report I use a subform, and link only those items wanted listed for this report. This works well, except for each item in the list, there is a page.

Can anyone explain what I am doing wrong, or failing that, how do I tell it to print page 1 only when I print a report?

Thank you

My first thought is to look for the insideous, hard to see page break symbol on your subform. It can be hidden up against a border. I had the same problem which nearly drove me nuts until I found that rascal. It is a little squiggly line.

mac

I looked, no page break.

The number of pages it prints in directly related to the number of items in the subreport list. If there are 3 items, then 3 pages. If 5 items, then 5 pages.

In order to keep from printing all the pages I have to tell the print menu this page only.

Do you have a one to many relationship between the parent and child (subform) on the report? It sounds like you may have a one to one which would print one subform record for each record you have in the parent (Report).

mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back