Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

subform access 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

calvi

Technical User
May 26, 2003
NL
I have 2 tables. the one is parent and the other is child. e.g. 1 customer has many orders. so there is a customers foreign key in orders table. So I want to make a form to show these and add many orders in Customer. So in the Customers form I put all the customers fields and a button to go to the orders form with a given link to customers ID foreign key. with the orders ID in a combobox within a datasheet so that I can add multiple orders. The datasheet and combobox is showing properly, but I cannot select and add or edit in the combobox. Can we fix this?

If the orders form is a subform (as suggested by your subject), why do you have a button? Is this just for convenience or do you actually open a separate form?

Why would the Orders ID be in a combo box? What is the Control Source of the combo box? What type of field is this? Typically Orders IDs are autonumbers so they should be edited.

Can you provide some additional significant information?

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back