Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

subdivide problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkprince

Programmer
Jun 4, 2002
AU
hello

ive got a box that has the segments (4.4.3) then i converted it to an 'editable poly', next i selected one of the segments as i pressed 'F4' and i want to apply 'subdivide' to only my selected segment except it applies it to the whole box. please help me

thanks in advance
cya

Add a MeshSelect modifier to stack. Select the polys. Add a MeshSmooth top of it, and it has a checkbox called something like this : Apply to whole mesh. Unselect it.

Ready.

Unborn

Thankyou for your reply except I still have a couple of questions. I wanted to apply the "Modifiers>Radiosity Modifiers>Subdivide" modifier and not the mesh smooth one. do you know a way i can do this? thankyou for your help

cya

Yea that is an other problem than I has replied.

Do that:

Make the box.
Convert it ta poly.
Select the segment.
Click Geometry - Detach.
Apply the Subdiv Mod to detached fragment.
Select the original object.
Apply Boolean - Union with Subdivided object.
Done.

Now you have 3 stack for more editing. One for the result, and two for object fragments (in boolean sub object).

Unbornchikken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back