Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sub-Sections Within A Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

PWD

Technical User
Jul 12, 2002
GB
Good afternoon, I'm just experimenting with sections within a report and just can't get the hang of creating a Section (Year) and Sub-Sections (Month) within a report. I've created 2 x Dimension Variables for Year and Month. Either one of these appears to split the report into sections but I can't get Year split by Month. Is it possible? The 'literature' appears to indicate that it is - although ours is far from the latest version.

Additionally when I use Month as a section it will sort it alphabetically so what I want to try is probably a non-starter anyway - just wanted to find out. (I have created a MonthNumber variable so I can sort the report table how I want it.)

Many thanks,
D€$

Oh, that's ridiculous!!

In order to create a sub-section underneath the section, I had to drop the second object to the right of the first section's object! Obviously.

And I (sort of) solved the alphabetic month issue with:

=[MonthNumber] + " " + Month([Referral Received Date])

But I also had to modify MonthNumber

=FormatNumber(MonthNumberOfYear([Referral Received Date]);"00")

otherwise it started with 10, 11, 12 and then carried on with 1, 2 etc.

Heck! [mad]

Many thanks,
D€$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back