Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sub-reports blank when main report has no data

Status
Not open for further replies.

kj27

Programmer
Mar 16, 2010
US
Hi Folks,

I'm running CR 11. I have a main report with several sub-reports each linked on three parameters. The sub-reports are simply counts (the ID's are in the supressed detail section and the visible footer has the Sum).

Everything renders fine as long as the main report has 1 or more lines of data. As soon as there is no data fetched for the main report, the sub-reports show blank.

I checked to make sure none of the "Supress if Blank" settings is on on the main or the sub-reports.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

This is the way that Crystal works - if there's no data in the main report, the subreports don't run.

In this type of situation, I usually create a command (SQL Query) that brings back one row. In Oracle it will be:

Select Sysdate from Dual

In SQL Server it will be:

Select GetDate()

I don't put the field on the main report, but the command runs anyways and guarantees that the subreports will run.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Six-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back