Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sub Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

diannelight

Technical User
Feb 24, 2003
US
Please would someone be so kind as to help me through the process of linking a sub report to the main report.
I am using Crystal 9 and I have two seperate queries that are linked by a common parameter value.
Thank you.

After you create your subreport and place it on the main report. Right mouse click the subreport and choose "CHange Subreport Links". You can choose the parameter from the main report and link it to a parameter on the subreport.

UncleT

You might more simply create the parameter in the main report and then when linking the reports select the field in the subreport data to the main report parameter, it gives a better look and feel.

You can check/alter how it is being linked by opening the subreport and checking Report->Edit Selectionf Formula->Record.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back