Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sub Report on Main Report linked both using Pass Though query for reco

Status
Not open for further replies.

ideafixer

Programmer
Nov 21, 2002
US
I can create a sub report on a main report both using pass though queries as a record source when a child/master link does not exist. I cannot use the link when using pass a pass through query. Is there a way to make a sub report on a main report with field linking using pass through queries? When I try this I get an error.

Hi,

As you have said, you cannot use child/master links with pass-through queries (rule of pass-through queries).

There is no reason (apart from being long-winded) that you can't 'manually' handle related records via VBA.

I haven't tested this, but have you tried using the pass-through to pull all records from the table, create an Access query that queries the pass-through, then use the Access query as the form recordsource? (Probably not, but it's worth a 5 minute try to cut out hundreds of lines of code to manually handle the master/child form reationship).

Good luck [wink]

Darrylle

Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level - then beat you with experience. darrylles@yahoo.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back